Friday, December 28, 2007

Mexico

I can't believe I forgot to post on my trip to Mexico. Early in December I went to Mexico to help pass out some Christmas baskets. There is a local woman who grew up in this area of Juarez and a local church does this every year. Above are the bags put together for the families. We hauled the trailer over the border with some stuff prepacked, then went to the grocery store and filled up the rest there with things like vegetables, rice, and sugar.
Me being cheesy for the camera.
Mark passing out the bags to families.
I helped pass out goody bags and stuffed animals to the kids.
This is a view in Texas. I believe the peak above the stop sign on the left is Guadalupe peak and is the tallest peak in Texas. The terrain here can be very flat (100 mile view on clear days) or very mountainous.

After passing out the food we went to the market in Juarez. I got to use my Spanish talking to a few of the vendors. Most of them could speak English (so much easier to sweet talk you into buying stuff), but enjoyed speaking to me in Spanish. One even said I had a beautiful accent and recognized it as being influenced from Spain. That was a great compliment because I've always thought of my accent as being mixed up from learning it in so many different places.

5 comments:

ReB said...

Hi! I didn´t know that you write in a blog!

Do you know who i am?

Haley said...

!Claro, eres mi pirata favorito! ?Co'mo me encontraste?

ReB said...

Me lo dijo Tamajón, que ahora está en Tailandia!

How are you? Sigues hablando perfectamente español!

When are you going to come back?

Kisses!

Haley said...

!Regresari'a man~ana si fuera posible! Voy a mandarte un email pronto a las dos cuentas del pasado que tengo. No se' si funcionen todavi'a. Nos hablamos pronto.

!Besos!

ReB said...

Yes, don´t worry! Send it to hotmail!

Como estás? Qué estás haciendo ahora?