Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Safe, Sound, Warm and Dry

Hey y'all. (I can say that now!) For those of you that haven't heard, I made it safe, sound, warm and dry to New Mexico. The drive went smoothly. I listened to a few books on cd (the narrator for Harry Potter is outstanding) and cranked the music. Cairo was a dream traveler. He was far from loving it, but mostly slept and hid under the bed when we had to leave in the mornings. We've been here for about a week and a half now. Carlsbad isn't as small as I thought it was going to be. It has 2 McDonalds, 3 Subways, a Chile's Restaurant and a Payless Shoe Store, so it's bigger than Cheboygan. I've stayed close, trying to learn the lay of the land. One day I did venture to Artesia, a town about half an hour away. The thoughts of a nice vacation were great to start, but after about 5 days I started to get restless and decided it was time to get a job. Luck would have it that Chile's hired me on the spot. So, I'm serving there and they are willing to work with my schedule so I can do some traveling.

The people I've met have been very nice so far. Most have a light southern drawl that is easy on the ears. There are a lot of people my age at work, so hopefully I'll start to make some friends. My neighbor has already offered to set me up with a 'nice young man' that she works with. :-) (No, Rose Mary, he's not a veterinarian. I'm still keeping my eye out.) All in all, thing are going very well. I have more photos, but I'm still missing a cord for my camera in boxes, so those will follow once I do some digging. Right now the concentration is on work training and luggage retrieval. (Did I mention the luggage I shipped with 75% of my clothes got lost?) What's an adventure without a hiccup or two?

I miss you all and hope everything is going great in your neck of the woods. I'll be back soon with those photos. Take care and Merry Christmas!

Besos,
Haley

No comments: