Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Moving In

I am happily writing you from the comfort of my new home! I moved in yesterday. I have plenty of space and a nice haven to relax in. There's an extra twin bed if anyone wants to visit! For the time being, I have one roommate, Ana. She is Spanish and studying translation. A perfect resource for me as I look into doing the same. We had another roommate, but she's changed her mind and decided to move elsewhere. In the next week or so I'm sure someone else will be moving in to fill the room. If not, there's another bed for someone to sleep in when they visit.

I'm getting used to all of the new noises. The apartment is located on a street with lots of bars and restaurants, so there's quite a bit of foot traffic. Hopefully it's pretty easy to get used to. It's nice having everything so close.

My school is a 20-30 minute walk. It's not super close, but I only go there 3 days a week. Thursday is my first day. I'm not too nervous because I have been there several times to visit, but I am excited to see what my new schedule is. I had been under the impression that I would be the only person placed at the school, but in fact, there is another girl. We'll be able to split the week between us. One the first half, the other the second half.

As soon as I know I have 3 days free, I'm going to go to Puente Genil, where I lived last year. I can't wait to see my old roommate Frieda and I'll get to pick up some of the stuff I left with her last year. One of my teacher friends has already called to check up on me because he heard I had made it back to the country. I'm sure I'll meet up with them as well. How great is it to already have friends here! And I'm ready to meet more!!

No comments: