Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Emotional Rollercoaster

So my emotional rollercoaster has begun. I have less than two weeks until I start my CA/MI tour. My time is getting extremely limited with a lot still to be accomplished. I am at the same time excited for what lies ahead and getting sad at the thought of leaving all of the friends I have made here in Carlsbad and will soon see again in MI. Last night while hanging out with friends I shed some random tears and we decided it is too early to be starting that! haha They have all been so good to me and opened right up to welcome me in when I got here and it will be very hard to leave.

The plan is to leave Carlsbad on Monday, Aug 25th to fly to Los Angeles to visit my friend Fozzy. I've been saying I was going visit since I moved to NM and am finally going to get there!! I will leave there bright and (really) early on Thursday, Aug 28th and fly into El Paso, Tx in time to catch my flight to MI. Then I will go to Grand Rapids over Labor Day Weekend. My old job has their annual picnic and my parents work a ton that weekend so I think it will work out perfectly. From there I don't have exact dates yet. Mid week I'll go to Cheboygan and spend at least a week. My cousin's wedding is on the 6th of Sept near Lansing, so I'm super excited to go there. I'll probably return to Grand Rapids at the end of my trip. There is a Latino Art and Film Festival called Tulipanes 2 weeks after Labor Day weekend that I love to go to in Holland. It would be fantastic if I could make it there, too. I'm really lucky that there are a couple of events where my favorite people will be gathered while I visit. The picnic and the wedding are perfect timing to see my friends and family in the limited time I'll have.

I don't have a much for new information Spain. I'm still waiting on my visa from the Consulate. I have met some people online that have lived where I am going and one girl who was placed at the school that I'm placed in. I'm working on getting every last drop of information they are willing to give!! Right now my biggest decision is whether to live in the small town where I work or commute from the nearest city. It sounds like most people my age commute, but it is a big expense and I have to decide which option is better suited to me.

Such terrible decisions to have to make!! haha How did I get so lucky?!

No comments: