Saturday, August 30, 2008

6 cities, 4 time zones, and 1 tired chica in a pear tree

I have started my US tour. I started in LA on Monday. SO much fun. Ate all kinds of good food, got to spend lots of time with my friend Kevin, and even went overnight to San Diego to visit with some old friends. Everything we could fit into three days, we did! Thursday was my cross-country day. I woke up in LA and proceeded to stop over in Phoenix, El Paso, Dallas, and Detroit. Then drove to Grand Rapids with my friend Mel who was so great to come pick me up. Needless to say, the trip was exhausting, especially after not sleeping much in California! Sleep would have been a complete waste of short and precious time. :-) I'm so happy to see everyone in Grand Rapids again! Mel and I didn't stop talking for a minute on the drive from Det. to GR. Last night I went in to Leo's (where I used to work) and had dinner. HEAVENLY! I've been dreaming about what I was going to eat. It was as good as I remembered. Tomorrow is their yearly picnic and I'll be going to that. Burgers, beers, and friends, sounds good to me. The next stop is home to Cheboygan!!! I can't wait to see my parents and grandparents. And of course I'll go to Petoskey to see my sister and Cedarville to my aunt's restaurant. That'll be torture. haha. Shrimp jammers from Pammi's are calling my name already!

I have 24 more days until I leave for Spain. I can hardly believe it! It isn't in the forefront of my brain right now because I'm doing so much visiting and traveling. But once I get back to New Mexico, I'll have six days to finish packing and make sure I'm prepared. Ay, ay, ay. How cool. Such a rough life. :-)

I'm off now to meet up with some friends and catch up. Hopefully I'll be seeing as many of you as I can very soon.

Besos,

Haley

No comments: