Friday, June 6, 2008

Only 97....

This last week, we have seen over 100 degree temps everyday. I'm sure it got to 108 once or twice. I found myself looking at the forecast the other day and seeing the prediction for tomorrow...97 degrees. The words actually came out of my mouth, people! I said, " It'll only be 97 on Friday". Who woulda thought. When I was leaving MI, everyone talked about the heat I was going to encounter, but they all said, "yeah, but it's DRY heat". How right they were. I can actually tolerate these temps because I'm not sticky, icky. I actually wore jeans out to the store yesterday and wasn't dying. Mind you, I am grateful for my wonderfully air conditioned car and house. I used to be such a wimp during that inevitable hot, sticky, hide-in-your-house week every August. This year when I come back I just may be that tourist we make fun of in long sleeves and pants when it's 75 out. :-) Then again I may punk out when the humidity gets above 10%. (The other day I think the humidity in MI was in the 80% range and here in NM is was about 6%. Don't quote me on that, but you get my point.) I can't wait to come back to visit and have a little moisture back in my skin and big poufy hair!

Love you lots,

Haley

No comments: