Thursday, June 26, 2008

Not quite a tan....

So...the weather has been beautiful and hot. It is a bit too much sometimes, but overall, I'm grateful for the sunny days. The other morning I went with a friend for breakfast in the park and then a ride on his motorcycle. Wow, was that great. 9-10 O'Clock in the morning is perfect here. The park is on a river and there just happened to be local firemen practicing dive-rescue training when we got there. Oddly enough, I knew a bunch of them there from the firefighter training center I work at once in a while. I love that I'm getting to know people and run into them when I'm out. As for the bike ride, the wind on my face was downright dreamy. I wasn't planning on that much outdoor time though and didn't get a chance to slather on the sunscreen before leaving the house. I was getting scared as it neared noon! Luckily, I did have it on my face and chest so I didn't fry completely. My skin must be getting used to it because I got a little red on my arms at my shirt line and a spot on my forehead. Whew!! So, I won't say I have a tan exactly, but hopefully I'll look sun-kissed when I return. :-) The freckles are already in full bloom, now I just have to get out of the restaurant once in a while.

No comments: